Friday night I started Bunny Hoppers and it has been an upward battle since. I cast on 30 stitches on my U.S. 11 needles but I couldn’t get the gauge right for the life of me. First I misread the dimensions and it was too short for even what I thought was correct. After I fixed it is was still too short. I’ve added an extra 10 stitches to the cast on to compensate for the lack of two inches in width. So now I have knitted it twice and cast on three times.
Second try, it’s nine inches.
Eleven inches. Finally!
I don’t know what it is with this project. I must knit very tight, because I’m using the right size of needles. I don’t own any larger ones, except for a pair of U.S. 15s that I can’t even use. They’re too big. The S.S.P has been languishing a little, I just simply haven’t had any commute time. Hopefully I’ll have Bunny Hoppers done by Wednesday. Wish me luck.